Veal crumble with BEABA Babycook®
Think your child may not be getting enough iron? Adequate iron is important for blood cell production and body development. These foods contain loads of iron to give baby a healthy boost! Try adding them to baby’s meal to support baby in supplementing key nutrients every day!
Spinach, tofu, eggs, beef and liver are full of iron! Start adding them to your baby's meal and let your baby get enough iron and energy to grow!
Here is a BEABA Babycook recipe packed with IRON! Try it out!
30g veal escalope
15g buckwheat flakes
1 knob of butter
- Peel the carrots, wash and cut them into 1cm cubes.
- Cut the veal into small pieces.
- Place the carrots and veal in the steam basket.
- Pour water into the Babycook water tank (level 3) and start cooking.
- Roast the buckwheat flakes in a pan without fat.
- Put the veal and buckwheat flakes in the Babycook and mix.
- Melt the butter lightly in a frying pan.
- Fry slowly (they should not smoke) the veal / buckwheat mixture.
- When the mixture has become crispy, place it on the carrots.
Roasting the cereals can give more taste and a little more crispiness to the buckwheat flake.
For the nutrition conscious
The addition of rice and buckwheat flakes adds sufficient amount of complex carbohydrates to cover the baby’s needs.In terms of texture, this recipe is very nice because it allows baby to discover the crispy topping. This recipe is also delicious for adults!
As a replacement for those intolerant to lactose
Roast the veal - buckwheat mixture in a teaspoon of olive oil, the result will be just as good.