Find the right trouser fit for you
Pregnancy with style
Autumn/ Winter 2014 Collection
- Check out various styles of maternity wear which use different methods of accommodating your bump. You may find you prefer some styles to others, so make sure you try in-store before you buy.
- If you hate the feel of waistbands around your bump, choose below-the-bump and low-rise jeans or trousers.
- Always buy maternity wear in your pre-pregnancy size. Your expanding bump has been accounted for in the design, so you needn't go up a size.
- Think colour and shape. Mix prints with block colours and accessories to create outfit interest.
- For work, clothes that fit your new figure will make you look sleek and flatter your bump creating a professional look to your maternity wardrobe.
- You may feel the heat more during your pregnancy, so layer your outfit to allow you to cool down when your temperature starts to rise. Layering different textures such as wool knits and soft jerseys will add a touch of style and interest.
- Accessorise your outfit to complete the look. Choose items that not only fit the outfit, but which also flatter your new found curves.
- Do not be tempted to wear non-maternity clothing in larger sizes. The front hemline will ride up, while the back will sag. Maternity wear is specifically designed to fit your body and will therefore be more stylish and flattering.
- If you're feeling big, don't completely cover up, you'll look boxy instead of curvy. A little cleavage for example, is slimming, not revealing. Accentuate your shoulders and back as these rarely change during your pregnancy.
- Choose garments which co-ordinate in various outfits as this will enable a maximum number of looks from a minimum number of garments, creating the complete maternity casual wardrobe.
On many of our garments look out for clever jersey front or side panels, adjustable-button waist details and deep stretch waistbands. On tops and dresses, choose from wrap-style, side-ruched and empire-line. These hidden details allow a well-designed piece of clothing to look great from early on in pregnancy through to the end, as they grow and adapt with your changing shape.
maternity fashion blog posts
Click the links below to check out our maternity fashion blog posts